netgraph question

Nathanael M Van Vorst vanvorst at ieee.org
Fri Jul 15 16:32:47 GMT 2005

I have some questions about netgraph. I have been using the framework for
project for a little while. I am at the point where I want to hand-off
netgraph items to a kernel thread or a kernel module. Then I want the
module or thread to do some processing and hand this back to netgraph.

I looked through a little bit, and did not find an easy way. Did I miss it?

Marching on, I wrote up a little module that had two functions that a node
could call. One to regiter the hook to pass items back on, and one to pass
items to to the module. Inside the module I call NG_FWD_ITEM to send the
item back on the passed in hook. It always crashes in the ITEM_DEBUG
macro. Help? Where should I go? When I get a kernel core, the stack is
corrupt so it is f no use.

If anyone is curious I can send the little test code I have cobbled
together to see how I might do this.

Thanks!!

--Nate

Nathanael Van Vorst