in.c autoadding prefix route

Ulrich Spoerlein q at uni.de
Sun Jul 3 00:09:32 GMT 2005

On Thu, 11.11.2004 at 21:24:05 +0100, Max Laier wrote:
> The patch allows to add more than on IPv4 address with the same prefix. In the
> case that there is a route already, we leave it alone and add the new address
> without the IFA_ROUTE flag. When we remove an address later on, that has a
> route associated, we try to find an alternative address to use for the route
> and hand it over.

Assume I have two computers hooked up via Ethernet and via Firewire
(if_fwe). Will this commit allow me to place all four IP addresses of
the interfaces into the same subnet and have FreeBSD re-route the
packets through Firewire if the Ethernet link goes down (or vice versa)?

Or do I need to go CARP for this to work?

Ulrich Spoerlein
--
 PGP Key ID: F0DB9F44				Encrypted mail welcome!
Fingerprint: F1CE D062 0CA9 ADE3 349B  2FE8 980A C6B5 F0DB 9F44