ia_netbroadcast

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Thu May 20 13:57:39 PDT 2004

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 10:55:21PM +0200, Andre Oppermann wrote:
+> > Ok, this patch:
+> >
+> >         http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/no_old_style_nets.patch
+> >
+> > removes ia_netbroadcast, ia_net, ia_netmask field from structure
+> > in_ifaddr and removes sysctl net.inet.ip.subnets_are_local as suggested
+> > in commit log of revision 1.24 of file netinet/in.c:
+> >
+> > Set subnetsarelocal to false.  In a classless world, the other case
+> > is almost never useful.  (This is only a quick hack; someone should
+> >
+> > Tests and comments are welcome.
+>
+> I have checked that at least Win2k doesn't use the classful broadcast
+> address anymore.  I don't know about older versions of Windows.
+>
+> However I'm not yet sure we (better I) understand all implications of
+> removing the things you do in your patch.  Please hold off for a moment
+> until I've finished thinking and looking through the implications.

Don't worry. I'm not going to commit it before I hear clear "Go ahead!".

--
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd at FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl