Looking for switch recommendations ...

Steven Stremciuc steve at freeslacker.net
Sun Mar 28 23:37:08 PST 2004

Has anyone tested port mirroring on these switches (2524) and run into
any problems? Many people seem to recommend these ProCurve switches here
and so far they seem like a great buy (only one I saw that cheap that
does 802.1x). I'm also looking for a managed switch (probably something
off ebay) and would like to find something that does port mirroring
nicely as I'd like to play with that in the future. I saw Dell's
Powerconnect 3348 has some problems with port mirroring and am trying to
avoid getting a switch where the feature is listed as supported but
doesn't work as expected.

Info about the 3348's problems:
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=pc_managed&message.id=1425

Steve Stremciuc