PCI ADSL card and PPPoA

Matt Sealey matt at kittycat.co.uk
Sat Mar 27 12:26:07 PST 2004

According to the docs, you don't need to run PPP;

http://adsl4linux.no-ip.org/freebsd/pulsar_freebsd_howto

~~~~
Reboot and connect the ADSL line. Once the driver is loaded the
Status LED (Yellow) will come an and the Link LED (Green) will flash.

After about 20-30seconds the Link LED will stop flashing once line sync is achieved.

Now configure the IP address and netmask...

ifconfig ngeth0 inet 203.1.2.3 netmask 255.255.255.0

At this point you should be able to ping your ISP's gateway. Now set up your
routing and you should have full internet access.
~~~~

--
Matt Sealey <matt at kittycat.co.uk>