Disabling VLAN_HWTAGGING

Jacob S. Barrett jbarrett at amduat.net
Thu Mar 25 11:18:42 PST 2004

Can you disable VLAN_HWTAGGING?

I am seeing very strange behavior on a if_nge card with VLANs.  If i try and
connect an if_vlan to it the kernel panics.  If I connect a ng_vlan to it
tcpdump show that the tagged frames are "leaving" the if_nge interface, but
tcpdump running on a remote host that is crossed over (if_em) show no frames
leaving the if_nge.

I am wondering if it is something to do VLAN_HWTAGGING.  The if_em cards I
have don't do it and work fine, but the if_nge cards don't work at all.

--
Jacob S. Barrett
jbarrett at amduat.net
www.amduat.net

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."