Odd network issue ... *very* slow scp between two servers

Wes Peters wes at softweyr.com
Mon Mar 8 18:19:48 PST 2004

On Sunday 07 March 2004 15:37, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Note that forcing it to 100baseT half-duplex (or 10baseT/UTP half-duplex)
> corrects the problem ... turns out it is only in full-duplex mode that
> its hosed ...

Did you try a cross-over cable?  Actually, you shouldn't even need a
cross-over cable for gigabit devices, they should auto-select MDI vs. MDIX.

Also, I recall reading something about problems with onboard tx cksum errors
on em devices recently; you may want to turn off the tx cksum feature in
your testing.  Or search the archives for txcsum or something like that.

Wes Peters                                              wes at softweyr.com