mpd/netgraph l2tp

Luuk van Dijk lvd at mndmttr.nl
Thu Mar 4 06:38:12 PST 2004

Hi,

my colleague just found a message exchange in this newsgroup dated
2003/11/23 about a netgraph version of l2tp.

It pleases me to announce that we (www.BuyWays.nl) have just embarked on
a project to bring just that.  we are developing a setup where a single
FreeBSD box will be the endpoint for a few thousand dialup links over
l2tp to perform multicast routing between them, and mpd/ng_l2tp is a
major part of that.  Part one of the project: patching pim6sd so it can
handle transient interfaces has just been done, now we have a few weeks
to strip lt2pd to the bone, plug in the netgraph machinery and go!.

Anyone feeling like lending a hand is more than welcome :-)  Eg.: one
rather isolated thing on the todo list is to bring ipv6 support in mpd.

we'll announce our progres on this list, and hope to publish a prealpha
somewhere next week.

Regards,
	Luuk van Dijk
	CTO BuyWays B.V.