Proxim WiFi cards anyone?

lesha at intercaf.ru lesha at intercaf.ru
Sat Jul 31 02:28:24 PDT 2004

Hello, all!

Today I have bought myself new Proxim Orinoco Gold b/g card
to replace my old Lucent Orinoco b one.

New card is working fine with the ath driver, but...
Signal strength and radio perfomance are very nasty.

Where my old card gave me signal strength of 106
new one gives only 51. (that is 5m away from AP)
(same AP, same channels, same everything)

It is not working even in next room to the AP.

What can be the problem, or just Proxim got lame engineers?

(behavior is same under "the Other OS"
Transmit power is set to "Maximum" in supplied
configuration utility.

Cheers,
         AL.

p.s. pls CC, so I will not loose your reply.