packet order, ipf or ipfw

James haesu at towardex.com
Thu Jul 29 20:35:26 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I was wondering for some time in a while.. How is the performance difference in
general between IPFW2 and PF in stateless rules? I know performance really is
hard to tell and depends on your environment. Are they just about the same
since stateless rules are going at linear rate of O(N) on both firewalls?

I am not trying to start a religious war or anything. Just want to get an idea
of what developers think on both packet filters in regards to stateless rules.

Thanks,
-J

--
James Jun                                            TowardEX Technologies, Inc.
Technical Lead                        Network Design, Consulting, IT Outsourcing