a 5.2* bridging mystery.

Greg Skafte skafte+freebsd-net at trollkarl.net
Wed Jul 21 14:17:01 PDT 2004

I've got a bit of a mystery when I have the below picture

                                     fxp1
          10.1.x.x/22            ______|___  10.1.x.x/22
|device|-------|switch| ---------| bridge | -----------|targ|
                             fxp2                  fxp0

arp replies from the target are not being forwarded to fxp2
if I remove the switch (a cisco cat) and go to the picture
below

                                     fxp1
          10.1.x.x/22            ______|___  10.1.x.x/22
|device|-------------------------| bridge | -----------|targ|
              x-over cable   fxp2                  fxp0

the arp replies are recieved just fine. I've tried both 5.2.1-p8 and 5.2-current.
Additionally, if targ is a bsd box things are OK, but if targ is a unixware box
which it needs to be, bzzzzt.

------------
net.link.ether.bridge_cfg=fxp0,fxp2
net.link.ether.bridge.enable=1

I've tried both
net.inet.ip.check_interface=[0|1]

ifconfig_fxp0="inet 10.1.X.X netmask 255.255.252.0 media 100basetx mediaopt full-duplex"
ifconfig_fxp2="media 100basetx mediaopt full-duplex"
ifconfig_fxp1="inet 10.5.Y.Y netmask 255.255.255.0 media 100basetx mediaopt full-duplex"

any insights or I ideas?

--
Email: skafte at trollkarl.net                               ICQ: 93234105