FreeBSD and Hotspots

Bruce A. Mah bmah at freebsd.org
Thu Jul 15 16:13:13 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 13:38, staticblackz wrote:
> I would have no problem using m0n0wall but I need to be able to have ssh
> access to compile othe rprograms needed I am using it on a comouter

There is no SSH server on a m0n0wall system.  Nor are there compilers.
It's been deliberately stripped down to be a firewall.

> ...is
> there any way to port the captive portal to another freebsd box or to
> rebuild m0n0wall to be just like FreeBSD?

"It's just software."  Dinesh could probably comment on this since he
wrote it but I'm sure that it's possible.

If you put the words "captive portal freebsd" into your favorite search
engine you'll find lots of information, including quite a few
implementations.  Google is your friend.  :-)

Bruce.