Intel 82541 Gigabit Ethernet

Karim Fodil-Lemelin kfl at xiphos.ca
Mon Jul 5 12:51:14 PDT 2004

I was going through the hardware notes. We already use Intel's NIC's and
are planning to switch to Dual Intel® 82541 Gigabit Ethernet. Its not
listed in the the hardware notes but we use the 82555 on FBSD4.8 (fxp)
driver and it works fine (and it is not listed either). Is anyone
working with it or have tried it (the 82541)? What is the status? any
plans for a driver that would support those? Also, will the fxp driver
work  (enabling functionality at 100Mbps only) but a
patch/another_driver is required to get the gigabit?

Regards,

Karim.