go to the Internet by through a plip link?

Franz Klaus klaus_franz at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 3 02:14:46 PDT 2004

>From: "Alexander Vasenin aka BlackSir" <blacksir at number.ru>
>To: "Franz Klaus" <klaus_franz at hotmail.com>
>Subject: RE: go to the Internet by through a plip link?
>Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 20:54:46 +0400

>There is a sysctl key 'net.link.ether.inet.proxyall' which control
ARP-proxying. However I've never used PLIP, and so I don't know
>how to get PLIP work. Seem like your method #2 is bridging, but for what
ARP-proxying in bridging?

I guess that is not bridging and I think I'm not supposed to read the
bridging chapter of handbook. It's not bridging because PLIP is not
ethernet (has no MAC address), the 'oldbook' host has default gateway set
to the other end, this envolve routing, not just bridging. At least that's
what I can understand.