ENOMEM with FAST-IPSEC and HiFn cards (too many sessions)

Rene de Vries rene+fbsd at canyon.xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 2 06:33:56 PDT 2004

Sam,

May be you can help me on the way.

We are using the "Hifn 7955, rev 0, 32KB dram, 64 sessions" and when
those sessions are full (or as we have seen if there have been 64
sessions in a short time) the application (racoon) gets ENOMEM. I've
been looking at the openbsd driver (where this seems to be fixed), but
the differences are too numerous for a simple compare.

It would be neat to have a similar solution to the openbsd solution (or
better, be able to specify which SPDs should use the hardware crypto
card).

With kind regards,

Rene
--