2 Harti

Donatas.Gendvilas at lrtc.net Donatas.Gendvilas at lrtc.net
Thu Jul 1 01:23:20 PDT 2004

Hello,

firstly i'd like to apologise for an incorrect reply address - we had some
problems with lotus mails, but now it should work fine.

Your supplied exampel of connection between two bsd/hatm machines using NG
nodes and Inet hooks works fine.
But those 2 machines works as an IP Bridge. We need Ethernet bridge. So
we've tried to connect hatm<->em adapters through netgraph and this
connection also works fine. We have an ethernet bride now.
We've extended vpi bits as you suggested, but one problem stil remains.
the control message
"msg hatm0: cpcsinit {name="sig1" aal=5 vci=5} sets default flag to
0x10<NG>.
This configuration works between 2 BSD Machines, but doesn't when one of
the is for example ATM Switch with RFC 1483 feature. Would you provide us
with some information of how to make Ethernet bride connection between
FreeBSD and other vendor supporting RFC 1483 (usin netgraph).
We've tried to change connection parameter for vcc channel usig:
"msg hatm0: cpcsinit {name="sig1" flags=xxxxxx aal=5 vci=5}, where xxxxx
was 0x0002, and many others, but found that atmconfig always shows only
0x10<NG>.

thank you beforehand
respectfully

Donatas Gendvilas