Merge a NAT-router and a Non-NAT-server

Jon-Eirik Pettersen lists at jonepet.net
Sat Jan 31 17:38:51 PST 2004

Hi.
I'm trying to merge two "servers", one of them is only a NAT-router for
the rest of the LAN another one is a host without NAT that needs a
unique IP. I have 3 network interfaces on the other. I want that to take
over the NAT-routing, but I need to use one network device to that
server, and one other to the NAT-routing. All connections from this host
should go thru ed0 without NAT.

    Server:
     NIC0 (vr0): NAT-network - rest of the network (NET0) - Switch 0
     NIC1 (ed0): Default outgoing interface - Internet (NET1) - Switch 1
     NIC2 (xl0): LAN (NAT'ed thru vr0) - Internet (NET1) - Switch 1

xl0 and vr0 is on the same switch to the same network, but with
different IP's.  Is this possible?

And another network question: Is it possible to make a virtual network
interface bridged to another one?