PIM IPv4 user-level process

Bob Van Valzah BVanValz at tibco.com
Fri Jan 30 15:20:23 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 10:45, Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> We don't have pimsd or pimdd for IPv4 in ports at the moment.
> Patches will be gratefully accepted!

I downloaded xorp-0.5 to see if I could pull pimsd from it.  A quick
attempt to compile just pim resulted in an error.  I did succeed in
compiling the whole thing, but it sure looks like pim was meant to be
used as part of the whole xorp thing rather than as a standalone.

A port of the whole xorp world might be a better target than just the
pim part.  That wouldn't take much since it compiled easily.  But it is
a whopper--nearly 1 GB required to build.

	Bob