Setting-Up my PC to a Printer in our LAN - FX DocuColor 1250 CP

Rommel B. Ikeda r_ikeda at oisca.org
Sun Jan 25 21:10:54 PST 2004

Olivier Nicole wrote:

>>I am not sure I understand what you exactelly mean.
>>
>>You want to print a job from FreeBSD to a printer attached to a
>>Windows based machine? Samba does it very well.
>>
>>You want to print a job from FreeBSD to a printer attached to a
>>FreeBSD machine? That is basic Unix printing.
>>
>>You want to print form a Windows system to a printer attached to a
>>freeBSD machine? Samba again.
>>
>>You want to print from a Windows system to a printer attached to a
>>Windows system? Uh? We are out of topic :)

I am sorry for my English...I knew I was supposed to be short and
specific...
I just want to print from my FreeBSD Machine....The Printer I am talking
about is connected to our LAN with an IP Address...It is not connected
to any machine...I think it has a built-in LAN Card (I am sorry, I have
read about Networking in the Handbook and the Complete FreeBSD Book but
still I am having a difficulty in understanding things...
I hope this time I am a little specific on what I want...

Rommel Ikeda