Initial review request for IPv6 Fast Forwarding and IP6STEALTH

JINMEI Tatuya /神明達哉 jinmei at isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp
Thu Dec 9 00:52:05 PST 2004

>> Nice, needs some cleanup though.  Once you have cleaned it up you can run
>> it either through me or gnn at .  He is more of a IPv6 fan than I am (in my
>> book IPv6 is broken by design^TM).

> Why ?

(Perhaps this is slightly an off-topic for this list, but) I'm also
interested in the reason, but it's not surprising that someone in the
world has a negative impression on a big feature like IPv6 or IPsec,
since such a thing has typically both pros and cons.

And whatever the reason is, the important thing I believe is to
keep IPv6 implementation as good as IPv4 one on FreeBSD, in terms
of both stability and functionality.  I'm quite sure the fact that
FreeBSD has provided a good IPv6 implementation has enlarged the user
base of this particular operating system, comparing to, e.g., Linux.

So, I hope core FreeBSD developers to care about the quality of IPv6
implementation as seriously as that of IPv4 implementation, regardless
of their own position on IPv6 itself.  As an IPv6-related person, I'm
willing to help that process if I can do something in that area.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					jinmei at isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp