tcp hostcache and ip fastforward for review

Daniel C. Sobral dcs at tcoip.com.br
Thu Nov 13 08:47:17 PST 2003

Andre Oppermann wrote:

>>If we stored special "for us" /32 routes in the routing table for
>>addresses configured on this host, we could avoid the above 2 loops,
>>which can quite expensive.
>
> Good idea. I will look at that after 5.2 code freeze.

Question from someone who doesn't really understand the code...
Presently, if I have a /32 route defined, I can't add an alias to the
same address to an interface. I was expecting this changes to make that
possible, which would be really useful to me, and it seems the
suggestion above would make that not possible again...

So, just in case I'm reading the situation correctly, here's my request
for it not to happen. :-)

--
Daniel C. Sobral
Gerência de Operações