SMC9452TX (Marvell chipset) supported?

veedee at c7.campus.utcluj.ro veedee at c7.campus.utcluj.ro
Wed Nov 12 12:40:35 PST 2003

Hellos,

I just bought a SMC 9452TX card and got a little surprise. FreeBSD
4.9-STABLE doesn't recognize it. Is there any current support for it (an
update to nge as nge seems to support SMC EZ Card 1000 (SMC9462TX)?), or
are there any plans to integrate support for it in the future?

I bought it hoping that NGE would work and I could get polling... For
55euros it was pretty cheap (probably even cheaper in other parts of the
world). Guess I was wrong... :/

Thanks.

PS. dmesg shows
pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x11ab, dev=0x4320) at 9.0 irq 12

PPS. the chipset has a big M on it (Marvel?). I think it's safe to assume
it's not a National Semiconductor on it? I also found some references at
http://www.marvell.com/products/pcconn/yukon/88E8003.jsp... Yukon 88E8003.
That's what I found writen on the chipset also.