matching a range of iplens with ipfw2?

Simon L. Nielsen simon at nitro.dk
Sat May 17 17:23:31 PDT 2003

On 2003.05.17 12:53:54 -0700, Gregory P. Smith wrote:
> Is there a way to match a range of iplen values in an ipfw2 rule?
> (say i wanted a rule to match all tcp packets <= 64 bytes).

At the moment no.  I implemented a simple version of it some time ago
but since it was not "the right way" (not flexible enough.. try
searching the archives for FreeBSD-ipfw for more details) I didn't
proceed any further with my patch but it should work just fine.  My
patch can be found at
http://simon.nitro.dk/freebsd/files/ipfw2-iplen.patch if you want to try
it out.

Somebody (sorry can't remeber who) was looking into implemented iplen
ranges "the right way" as sugested by Luigi Rizzo, but I don' know the
progress of that work.

--
Simon L. Nielsen