Disabling VLAN support on Intel GbE

Little Pig littlepig9394 at hotmail.com
Wed May 7 02:58:35 PDT 2003

Dear all,

One interesting question - would it be possible to disable the VLAN support
in the Intel em driver? So, instead of calling VLAN_INPUT_TAG, the packet is
forwarded to ether_input() with ETHERTYPE_VLAN (0x8100) ? Will this allow me
to capture all VLAN information into netgraph's ng_ether and so some
processing there.

The reason for this is a need to handle a few hundred VLANs, but I read some
comments that the chip support only 64 hardware VLANs.  I do not any
documentation on the chip so any help is appreciated.

rgds,