Review needed: Mbuf double-free detection patch

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Thu May 1 04:12:13 PDT 2003

as Bosko noticed, it would be a good idea to make the change to subr_mbuf.c
conditionally compiled under DIAGNOSTIC or INVARIANTS or the like.

I was actually wondering if you have caught already any bug
with this code enabled.

[on a side note, it is a bit depressing to see the same
code replicated twice, in m_free() and m_freem(). Couldn't
one try to make m_freem() just call m_free() in a loop and
save some code bloat ? I doubt the extra function call
would harm performance too much.]

	cheers
	luigi