No subject

jdroflet at canada.com jdroflet at canada.com
Fri Jun 20 17:27:19 PDT 2003

I realized this after posting I should have included info restarting
rules and Joeseph has hit on it here,  I now use
/usr/src/share/examples/ipfw/change_rules.sh that is with the standard
install for any firewall changes. It saves old rulesets, allows you to
view (syntax), then confirm rule changes. If you don't confirm within a
set number of seconds it does not install the new rules. I have yet to
cut myself off when changing remote rules using this script.

For natd changes i have a script with the line:
killall -9 natd;sleep 2;/sbin/natd -config /etc/natd.file -n fxp0 &

Perhaps someone has a more elegant method ;)

Regards, JD

> firewall rules through that, be careful, you can cut yourself off if
you are not.  I always update rules in a copy of the firewall rules I
use.  Run it