Redundant link configuration

Ciprian Badescu ciprian.badescu at alcatel.ro
Thu Jun 19 22:53:54 PDT 2003

I agree, the weight parameter is also what I need;)

but I ask again: It isn't possible to solve this at a higher level
(routing) ?

There is the 'metric' option for routes, I can put a bigger metric for the
backup link. Will this link be automatically used when the primary link
with a lower metric is down?

Or RIP running on both routers can be a solution for this?

thanks
--
Ciprian Badescu