FreeBSD = Router, and vice versa

agent dero dero at bluhayz.org
Thu Jun 19 16:12:09 PDT 2003

I guess this is a simple question, but I have never done something like this
before, so I figure I'll ask. I have been using FBSD for a while, but now I
need to ship a FBSD server half way across america, and have a newbie press
the power button, plug in two network cards, and have it work.

I have already setup the two network cards on the machine, both with DHCP,
meaning when plugged in interface fxp0 will receive via DHCP an IP from the
broadband provider, and then on interface dc0, the client computers will
retreive a LAN IP address. I also configured the rc.conf so that it is
enabled as a gateway. But is that all I need to do?

Help appreciated.
-dero