replacement for SOCK_PACKET

akanwar at digitarchy.com akanwar at digitarchy.com
Tue Jun 17 18:34:46 PDT 2003

Thanks Garrett.

I am trying to write a small program to send out gratituous arps (because
the em driver does not work) for a redundancy (via IP address take over)
scheme.

I do NOT want to use libpcap or libnet as these will not be available on
prodution servers. I could probably statically link and make a huge
executable...but then I think there ought to be a simpler way.

Any ideas?

-ansh