Multicast Routing

Bill Fenner fenner at research.att.com
Tue Jun 17 18:22:50 PDT 2003

Tom,

>Currently, we use a PPP tunnel to put the PBX and Phone on subnets that
>can talk to each other. The two FBSD boxen run as the endpoints of the
>tunnel. We need to be able to seamlessly forward multicast traffic between
>the remote network and the office network.
>
>Any ideas?

mrouted should work fine in this situation, IF it's run after the ppp
session is established (it doesn't know how to handle dynamic interfaces).
If it doesn't, try kill -USR1 `cat /var/run/mrouted.pid` and send me the
/var/tmp/mrouted.dump file that it creates and I'll try to walk through
it with you.

  Bill