What are Interface errors in netstat?

Steve Francis steve at expertcity.com
Fri Jun 13 12:49:58 PDT 2003

Can anyone explain what are interface errors in netstat -I?

I assume they are CRC, undersize frames, etc.
Anyway to get details on which errors are occurring?

Also, I'm now not sure that is what the error counter means - a box
doing about 20k pps normally runs with no reported interface errors -
however, when the application crashed, it got a spike of input interface
errors.

The application crashing should not have affected MAC layer packets, so
do interface errors also include some TCP  layer errors?