pb nat

zel at free.fr zel at free.fr
Fri Jun 13 05:15:07 PDT 2003

Could someone help me please... (I m'not very good at net on freebsd and i am
in front of a problem i cannot resolve !!!)

I installed on an old computer (a Pentium 1 at 100Mhz with 32Mo RAM) a FreeBSD
4.4.1 for firewall nat activity with an ADSL Internet connection.

So: The situation is described below:

Alcatel
SpeedTouch < - > (ed1) FREEBSD Station (ep0) < - > Local area
network
Ethernet

ed1 is a NE2000 compatible ISA network card.
ep0 is a 3Com 509COMBO ISA network card.

IPs are
 ed1 : 10.0.0.1 over 10.0.0.0 /24
 ep0 : 192.168.1.254 over 192.168.1.0/24

in my rc.conf :
my configuration of ppp is ok because I can connect to Internet and request dns
servers from FREEBSD...

But i never succeed to connect ADSL with client workstation.

I compiled my kernel with IPDIVERT, IPFIREWALL, IPFIREWALL_FORWARD
And I store in rc.conf the following lines as mentionned in some websites:

ppp_nat="YES"
natd_enabled="YES"
natd_interface="ed1"
natd_flags=""
gateway_enable="YES"

But the kernel answer is always the same:
192.168.1.X is on ep0 but get an answer from ed1 !!!
Is it not the job of NAT to translate address ????

So !!!

What can I do...

If you need some informations to resolve my pb, please, send me your
question...

Thanks

ZEL