Wireless

User Kseel kseel at utcorp.com
Sun Jun 8 17:23:56 PDT 2003

 Did you ever get the AP going on the PCI bridge thingey? I have a
PCMCIA -> ISA bridge and a USR 240X running as AP just fine,
_but_ some things could be better ...
 1) the ISA bus limitations effectively cap performance at 5 Mb/sec.
 2) The card doesn't have a pigtail adapter, I have some fancy antennas
I would like to try, some pringle cans and other stuff too :-}

 Also, does anyone have any suggestions on a really good card?
 In terms of :
 1) Good pigtail connector.
 2) Highest mw power output allowed.
 3) Good driver support in FreeBSD.