fxp0: device timeout | SCB already complete (me too)

Mike Hoskins mike at adept.org
Thu Jun 5 13:49:19 PDT 2003

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Shaun Jurrens wrote:
> I hate to say it, but I've had these for months starting at 4.6-stable
> and continuing up to at least the latest 4.7-RRELEASE-p* . I have one
> dual -current box that has exibited the same behaviour as well.

FWIW, I had similar issues (similar messages, which ultimately resulted in
a hang that required manual reboot) starting around late 4.7 or early
4.8-stable.  The box was a Dell 1550 with fxp NICs and ahc/amr.  At the
suggestion of others on the list, I updated my BIOS.  Although it was only
a single revision out of date (A06 -> A07), the update did seem to fix my
problem.

This may be unrelated to the problem you are seeing, but the messages
entries caught my eye.

-mrh

From: "Spam Catcher" <spam-catcher at adept.org>
To: spam-catcher at adept.org
Do NOT send email to the address listed above or
you will be added to a blacklist!