Vacation?

Jason Hunt leth at primus.ca
Wed Jun 4 09:05:25 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 02:32:44PM +0200, John Angelmo wrote:
> I have a sendmail mail server and some users want to add vacation
> messages as they go on vacation, is there any EASY (web)gui that the
> users can use for this? Usermin requiers a file and well quite simply
> Usermin is to advanced for them ;)

You can do this with procmail.  At an ISP I used to work for, we had a
perl CGI script that would allow the user to type in their vacation
message, and the script would set up the .procmailrc in their home
directory.  The script also allowed them to modify or remove their
message as well.  It is actually quite simple if you know perl or PHP.
I do not have this script available any longer.