Netgraph, meta and socket PF_NG

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Thu Jul 24 11:26:54 PDT 2003

you are correct

My plan was to use the metadata part of recvmesg()
to transfer metadata but never implemented it and it has not been
needed.
I suggest that you write a very simple node (start with ng_sample.c)
that converts metadata to a 'header' prepends it to the data
and then pass that up.

Alternatively you could look at implementing the recvmesg()
metadata transfer.