Syskonnect GE-9843 Rev. 2 'sk0' not working on 4.8-STABLE

Emre Bastuz info at emre.de
Tue Aug 12 02:47:43 PDT 2003

Hi,

I just plugged a Syskonnect Fiber GigE Adapter (64 Bit PCI)
into one of my servers running 4.8-STABLE.

During boot up the PCI vendor ID and the card type are
detected but I can not configure any network adapter sk0
(though it´s included in the kernel with 'device sk').

Any idea why?

The vendor ID (0x1148) seems OK but I could not find any
refenrence to the device type 0x4320 when grepping through
the source. Maybe that´s the problem?

Syskonnect support told me that there are known issues
with the revision 2 of the NIC so I´m just wanted to ask
if anyone knows any workaround or something.

Thanks for all suggestions.

Regards,

Emre

--
info at emre.de              http://www.emre.de
UIN: 561260           PGP Key ID: 0xAFAC77FD