USB Audio Recording Yamaha MG12XU

Terin Stock terinjokes at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 07:43:41 UTC 2020

> Likely your device does not provide a hardware mixer control for
> recording, so that's why mixer doesn't have any "rec" device.

Interesting, Is there an expectation that hardware does? No software I've tried so far sees this device as an available source. The Logitech C920 at pcm3 is seen by the same software without issue.

I can take the output of /dev/dsp4.0 through hexdump and I can "see" the audio. I'm happy to test with other combinations of software, if that would help.

--
Terin Stock