ASUS Xonar STX driver.

Alexandre C. Guimarães rigoletto at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 21 14:08:46 UTC 2019

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 09:13:11AM +0200, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On 2019-10-10 06:16, Alexandre C. Guimarães wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just want to point out someone wrote a FreeBSD driver to "ASUS Xonar STX"
> > and may be interesting to merge it.
> >
> > https://github.com/polachok/xonar-freebsd
> >
> > Cheers.
> >
> > P.S. I don't subscribe this list. :-)
> >

> Is this hardware easy to obtain?
>
> What is the advantage over intel sound HDA compatible devices?
>
> --HPS

Disclaimer: I don't have this hardware, but I remember someone in forums
have it.

Yes, they are easy to obtain but at the expensive side. The "Xonar" are the
higher-end Asus sound cards, pretty common among people whom are interested
in audio, home theater/multi channel installations and gaming.

- Hi-Fi: https://www.asus.com/Sound-Cards/Hi-Fi-Sound-Cards-Products/
- Gaming: https://www.asus.com/Sound-Cards/Gaming-Products/

That said, I can't say what models that particular driver implementation do
cover.

Cheers!

--
Best Regards,