Bug id=237340

Alfredo Vogel alfredovogel at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 18:36:05 UTC 2019

Hi,
I have posted on this bug 237340 and nobody seems to be following it up with comments or solutions of any kind.
How can we make this bug more important so that a developer helps us users with a workaround?

This is not a complaint but an effort to help with a solution but I am not a developer so I cannot help much.
One suggestion would be to have a developer explaining how to use the devices.hints file. Entries into that file are very complex and the man page is not very clear how to try different hints to make the sound go via HDMI to the external TV set.

As I said in my last post, the sound via HDMI works with Manjaro, Fedora, MacOS and windows but not with Trident (freeBSD) on my machine.
If somebody is interested in helping with this issue, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Many thanks...