HEADS UP: [msg #2] graphics/ilmbase and graphics/OpenEXR update planned includes openexr rename - feedback required until Sept 23/portmgr Sept 21

Alexey Dokuchaev danfe at FreeBSD.org
Mon Sep 17 17:58:04 UTC 2018

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 07:30:23PM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
> NOTE:  I think I do not formally need to ask approval about PORTREVISION
> bumps and bumps to requisite library changes, we do not normally do that.
>
> I do want to coordinate nonetheless, and I'll happily receive approvals.
>
> I just can't afford to spend hours on end to chase down everybody behind
> mail exploders.  I believe I've done a thorough job of testing the
> builds and direct dependents, and if someone wants to do a full -exp
> run, use the patch from my previous message, URIs repeated below for
> convenience:

FIY: Matthias had established himself as a very competent and careful
committer.  I'm a bit surprized to see these "you must ask for approval
from everyone" replies.  OpenEXR ports had needed love for a long time and
we should be grateful that someone had finally decided to bite the bullet,
esp. someone who knows this shit.

./danfe

P.S.  As stated earlier privately, please feel free to do whatever is
needed with my ports WRT to this update Matthias.  Thank you!