jack_umidi : Can't send MIDI to audio interface

Marcel Bonnet marcelbonnet at gmail.com
Fri May 11 11:39:15 UTC 2018

On 10 May 2018 at 10:54, Hans Petter Selasky <hps at selasky.org> wrote:

> On 05/10/18 15:50, Marcel Bonnet wrote:
>
>> I think the synth is listening : I set up Jack Keyboard to the same
>> channel
>> on the synth. And what really worries me about is the fact of USB
>> Interface
>> not blinking the MIDI output status light. So it seems the interface is
>> not
>> receiving any data from the computer.
>>

> You can test /dev/umidi0.0 and see if the led is blinking if you echo some
> 0xff characters there.
>
> --HPS

Thank you very much , Hans ! :)
Earlier you thought about a permissions problem, and you were right. I
found that one of my groups (operator) was able to read the /dev/umidi0.0 ,
but had no write permission. So, it explains the "not bidirection"
comunication.
What I did was add a new entry to /etc/devfs.conf
perm    umidi0.0 0660

Cheers,

--
Marcel Bonnet