jack_umidi : Can't send MIDI to audio interface

Marcel Bonnet marcelbonnet at gmail.com
Thu May 10 13:50:43 UTC 2018

On 10 May 2018 at 10:16, Hans Petter Selasky <hps at selasky.org> wrote:

> On 05/10/18 13:24, Marcel Bonnet wrote:
>
>> On 10 May 2018 at 07:22, Hans Petter Selasky <hps at selasky.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 05/10/18 04:49, Marcel Bonnet wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

>>> Might also be a permissions issue on /dev/umidiX.Y .
>>>
>>> --HPS
>>>
>>> I'll check the permissions later.
>>>

>> I start the daemons with qjackctl. My ~/.jacdrc :
>>
>> /usr/local/bin/jackd -r -doss -r44100 -p256 -n3 -w16 -C/dev/dsp3.0
>> -P/dev/dsp3.0
>>
>> After that:
>>
>> jack_umidi -S -B -d /dev/umidi0.0
>>

> Hi,
>
> Your setup looks OK.
>
> Does it help to remove the -S option? Are you certain the synth is
> listening to the MIDI channel you are transmitting on?
>
> --HPS

Thank you for your time.

I'll be back home later, than I'll try w/o -S option.

I think the synth is listening : I set up Jack Keyboard to the same channel
on the synth. And what really worries me about is the fact of USB Interface
not blinking the MIDI output status light. So it seems the interface is not
receiving any data from the computer.

A few days ago I connected the same USB interface to my Smartphone (Android
6). I installed a simple MIDI program and the synth received the messages.
Man, I'm so sad about it, because my band has some shows scheduled and I
was coding something, based on Jack Keyboard source code, to send SysEx
messages to the synth, to make the performance even easier.

--
Marcel Bonnet