FreeBSD Port: multimedia/ffmpeg

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Wed May 9 16:59:03 UTC 2018

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 4:41 AM, Jason de Cordoba <jason at aventia.pw> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Firstly, thank you so much for your contributions to FreeBSD!
>
> After updating the port and confirming the config (not sure if
> selections from 3x are pre-selected)
>
> I am unable to build other dependent ports
>
> The following errors were from attempting to build nginx
>
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libopencv_core.so.2, needed by
> /usr/local/lib/libavfilter.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: C needed by
> /usr/local/lib/libavfilter.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
>
> Nginx also is unable to restart as well
>
> #  service nginx restart
> Performing sanity check on nginx configuration:
> Shared object "" not found, required by "nginx"
>
> Please let me know if anything might be obvious for you!
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jason

Looks like two separate issues, neither of which should happen.
After update to ffmpeg-4.0, libavformat wil be updated to version 58, so
nginx needs rebuilding. It is looking for version 57, which no longer
exists. the version of nginx was bumped and should have been re-built, so
this should not have happened. How do you update ports? portmaster,
portupgrade,raw  make, synth?

Does /usr/local/lib/libopencv_core.so.2 exist? If opencv_core is installed
and up to date, it should be.

It looks suspiciously like either your ports tree or your INDEX (or both)
is messed up.
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com