multimedia/vlc3 build failure

Anders Bolt-Evensen andersbo87 at icloud.com
Tue Dec 25 13:00:27 UTC 2018

Hello and merry Christmas!

I am trying to compile multimedia/vlc3 with blu-ray support, but when I
do that, I get the following error during the configure part:

checking for BLURAY... no
configure: error: Library libbluray >= 0.6.2 needed for bluray was not found
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to multimedia at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach
the "/usr/ports/multimedia/vlc3/work/vlc-3.0.4/config.log" including the
output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to
provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. a
/usr/local/sbin/pkg-static info -g -Ea).
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/multimedia/vlc3
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/multimedia/vlc3

Output of pkg-static info -g -Ea:
https://my.owndrive.com/index.php/s/KkrJ3fHhyVpMLZC

Contents of config.log: https://my.owndrive.com/index.php/s/AvtgQ79fmoR5jhU

FreeBSD version: 12.0-RELEASE

As you can see, the required library should be installed.