FreeBSD Port: multimedia/avidemux

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 05:21:03 UTC 2017

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 9:41 PM, Andrew <andrewter at comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Are there any plans to update to the port to the latest upstream version
> 2.6.20?
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew

I have been working off and on on this and I THINK I am getting close, but
I m not a coder and was planning on opening a ticket since it is unstable
on  HEAD and 11 after the MFC of 320666 and  dumps core inconsistently when
resuming play. The problem appears to be with qt4, but it seems VERY
unlikely that qt4 will be fixed, so I decided to switch to using qt5 which
is supported upstream by avidemux.

Instead of just enabling qt5, I decided to look at moving to qt5 and
2.6.19. While I moved through several issues, 2.7 has been released, so I
am now moving to that one. My issue with 2.6.19 was with nasm in ffmpeg. It
did not configure with the BSD implementation of nasm.

Yesterday I discovered that 2.7 is out and has moved to ffmpeg 3.3. I am
hopeful that I can get a bit further... at least dealing with the nasm
issue as I can crib off the multimedia/ffmpeg port. Still, I am not a
coder, have VERY little C++ and no cmake experience, so any assistance
would be appreciated.
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com