webcamd rc.d devd and instances

Da Rock freebsd-multimedia at herveybayaustralia.com.au
Thu Jun 8 10:33:28 UTC 2017

I have a laptop with a manufacture error in the webcam where the image
is upside down. I can call webcamd manually and use -m to rotate the
image, but how do I get it to do this in rc.d/devd so that it does it
automatically?

I've tried using instances, but I'm not sure that the rc script is
actually reading it - in fact it seems to even hang.

In my rc.conf I have webcamd_0_flags="-m 'v4l2-dev.v4l_hflip=1
v4l2-dev.v4l-vflip=1'".

In the rc script file it says that devd will automatically add devices,
if no devd then instances will have to be used; but it doesn't say if
both can be used together. From the code, it seems it may be a
possibility, but I'm looking for confirmation or a better solution to
the dilemma.

Cheers