snd_uaudio monitor recording

Marcel Bonnet marcelbonnet at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 05:24:38 UTC 2017

On 30 July 2017 at 19:08, Hans Petter Selasky <hps at selasky.org> wrote:
> On 07/30/17 22:46, Marcel Bonnet wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Can you open the core dump with GDB and get the backtrace?
>>>
>>> Maybe you need to compile virtual_oss with DEBUG from the ports tree.
>>>
>>> I believe this is some kind of low hanging fruit - division by zero.
>>>
>>> --HPS
>>

>> Hello!
>>
>> Is this the repo? https://github.com/hselasky/virtual_oss
>>
>> Below, is the backtrace.
>>

> Hi,
>
> Can you try the attached patch?
>
> --HPS

The patch was rejected: I tried from the ports tree (with svn up
first; and either from your distfile's MASTER_SITE).
But I applied it manually to virtual_main.c (I cloned the github repo)
and it works!

- chrome do not crashes virtual_oss anymore
- now I can record the played back material from Chrome
- but still not recording Firefox sound - at least no crashes with FF

Thank you so much!

--
Marcel Bonnet