Midi and Music Composition on FreeBSD

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Mon Oct 3 07:23:44 UTC 2016

On Sun, 2 Oct 2016 16:53:48 +0200, Ralf Mardorf via freebsd-multimedia wrote:

 > I can't help you with your request. If nobody else should be able to
 > help you, the following might help you, to decide using another
 > operating system.

Well, newbie blubee is asking about doing this on FreeBSD.  Seems you're
quite often trying to steer people towards using linux instead ..

 > Back in 2012 I installed FreeBSD, because I experienced issues with a
 > RME HDSPe AIO sound card running Linux. On FreeBSD I got audio working
 > with too much latency for real-time usage. IIRC I didn't tested MIDI,

That's 4 years ago, Ralf.  Does this mean you haven't tried again with
more recent software, incl. updates to audio and USB, mostly by hps@ ?

Perhaps with your expert knowledge of audio, and MIDI, you could help
with development on FreeBSD, rather than saying 'use something else'?

cheers, Ian