firefox-43 && no sound on MP3, MP4, HTML5

Shane Ambler FreeBSD at ShaneWare.Biz
Fri Apr 29 03:17:28 UTC 2016

On 29/04/2016 04:13, Matthias Apitz wrote:

> for what is the option PULSEAUDIO on/off exactly and why it is set to
> 'on' as default(?); note: I compile with poudriere and one has limit or
> no influence over the question if some port is working on the target host later;

When building your own pkg's you may want to look through the poudriere
man page. You can setup a make.conf that is used by poudriere when
building pkg's. In the make.conf you can control options with lines like -

OPTIONS_UNSET= PULSEAUDIO
www_firefox_UNSET= PULSEAUDIO
www_firefox_FORCE_UNSET= PULSEAUDIO

See /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.options.mk for info on controlling port options
in make.conf

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler